Sunday, September 28, 2008

Chicken Delight

I was looking for chicken recipes on allrecipes.com and came across this one. It's super easy and we thought it was good. I'll put my notes of things I'd change in red.

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 cup sour cream (I will only use maybe 1/2 or 3/4 cups at the most next time. 1 cup is a lot and kinda puts a thick layer as it bakes on top of the chicken.)
2 tbsp worchestershire sauce (is that even how it's spelled? I can't remember. lol Anyways, I'll probably only use 1 tbsp, maybe 1 1/2 tbsp next time. And that's coming from a worchestershire lover. lol)
1 tsp paprika
1 teaspon garlic powder (I used a couple teaspoons of minced garlic. All I had was garlic salt and I didn't want to overload it with salt. Next time I'll probably add more garlic)
1/2 tsp white pepper (I was out of white pepper, so I just used regular black pepper. I think I put too much. lol go easy on it.)
1 cup crushed buttery round crackers
(I also added some onion powder and some seasoning salt. I'll probably leave out the onion powder next time, leave out the paprika and use seasoning salt instead.)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Place them in a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. In a bowl, mix sour cream, worchestershire sauce, paprika (or seasoning salt), garlic [powder], and pepper. Spread mixture over chicken, then sprinkle all with cracker crumbs.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for one hour.

No comments: