Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chicken Nacho Bake

This one is a new recipe I found ... can't remember where I found it now, maybe Kraft magazine? I don't know... I made it the other night for me and the kids and I actually liked it a lot.

Chicken Nacho Bake
4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts (calls for halves, but use what you have)
1/2 cup chunky salsa
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
1/2 cup mexican blend cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

**NOW** BEFORE you begin, may I recommend STRONGLY that you season or marinate your chicken breasts. I made the mistake of not doing so, and aside from the yummy toppings ON the chicken, the chicken itself had no flavor. Like Emeril says "I don't know about you, but where I come from, the water isn't flavored" .... same goes for chicken folks. Do your prep work on that chicken! lol

Place chicken on a foil covered baking sheet. (And can I mention how EASY this makes clean up after dinner!?!? HELLO MCFLY!!!) Slice 3 cuts on top of each chicken breast with sharp knife. Top each breast evenly with salsa, sour cream and tortilla chips. (I didn't measure how much I put on each one... I just topped them until it looked right) Bake 20 minutes, remove from oven. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for an additional 10 minutes.

I served this with Yellow rice........ YUM YUM!

No comments: