Sunday, February 28, 2010

Fix Freeze and Feast

I bought this book several months ago and I LOVE it. For any of you who are familiar with freezer cooking, you know how exciting this is... lol

I've used several recipes from this book and so far I've really liked all of them. If you're interested in having me post any of the recipes that I've used from the book, just comment and let me know!

The idea of freezer cooking - at least for this particular book - is you buy the ingredients for each recipe in bulk. From Sam's Club or Costco or something similar. Each recipe makes anywhere from 2 - 4 pans for main dishes and something like several dozen cookies. You can make each recipe for yourself to have in your freezer for nights where you don't know what to cook, or you can do a recipe swap with your friends... a few of you pick one recipe each, you all make that recipe and then swap your dishes, so you end up with one of each. These really require a deep freezer, a traditional fridge/freezer combo really doesn't give you enough room to store all these dishes. They're great to have on hand too if you sign up to take dinner to a new mom or sick person in your ward.

No comments: