Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chive and Onion mashed potatoes

To go with the Salisbury Steak... or any time really. Also from Paula. :)

Chive and Onion Mashed Potatoes (4 to 6 servings)

1 (24 oz) package frozen steam and mash potatoes
1/2 cup chive and onion cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened

Cook potatoes according to package directions. Pour potatoes into a medium bowl; add cream cheese and butter. Using a potato masher, mash potatoes to desired consistency.

** Now... I didn't think it looked like it made very much... but I'm a mashed potato lover and my kids refuse to eat mashed potatoes. So if your clan is a mashed potato loving family, I would suggest doubling it. Also, I found it needed just a little half and half so it wasn't such a heavy consistency. I added some seasoning to it, as I didn't think the butter and cream cheese added enough flavor.

No comments: