Thursday, April 24, 2008

Banana Bread

This is THE best banana bread you will ever eat. I got the recipe from my mom.

2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 VERY ripe - darkly spotted bananas - mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
2 large eggs - beaten lightly
6 tbsp butter - melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and adjust rack to the lower middle position. Grease bottom and sides and flour bread pan.
Combine first 5 ingredients together in a large bowl. Set aside.

Mix mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter and vanilla with a wooden spoon in separate bowl. Lightly fold banana mixture into dry ingredients with a rubber spatula until just combined and batter looks thick and chunky.

Bake until loaf is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean - about 55 minutes. (Oven temperatures vary, so start checking bread at 40 minutes) Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.

2 comments:

Anica said...

Okay.
Seriously.
The best banana bread I've ever had.
My son keeps wanting to eat more and more.

Anica said...

I'm adding this recipe to my food blog, hope that's ok.